Tuesday, April 14, 2009

wedding ceremony

Some people have been asking me about our ceremony-the elvis themed one-so I decided to post it here and make it easy to get to.

Brandon and Ande’s
Music Wedding
Extravaganza!

Officiant
Brandon Presley

March 28, 2009

Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to witness before family and friends the exchange of solemn vows between Brandon and Ande.

If there are any "suspicious minds" present in the audience, "doncha think it's time" to speak "now or never" because "their love won't wait"?

Alex and Lana would like to read a passage from one of their favorite movies, Moulin Rouge:

Christian: Love is like oxygen. Love is a many splendored thing, love, lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love.
S: Love is just a game.
Both: In the name of love, one night in the name of love.
C: Don't leave me this way, I can't survive, without your sweetlove, oh baby, don't leave me this way.
S: You'd think that people would have had enough of sillylove songs.
C: I look around me and I see, it isn't so, oh no.
S: Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs.
C: Well what's wrong with that, I'd like to know? cause here I go again! Love lifts us up where we belong, where eagles fly, ona mountain high.
S: Love makes us act like we are fools, throw our lives awayfor one happy day.

Both: We could be heroes, just for one day.
C: We should be lovers, and that's a fact.
S: Though nothing, will keep us together.
C: We could steal time...
Both: Just for one day. We could be heroes, for ever and ever.
C: Just because I will always love you.
Both: How Wonderful life is now your in the world

Brandon and Ande have prepared their own vows and will now read them to each other.

Brandon’s vows

Ande’s vows

Please take this moment to "surrender" the tokens of your affection.
Brandon Parlow repeat after me:
It took a "hard headed woman" to make a "fool such as I", the "king of the whole wide world". Now "I'm all shook up" over "the wonder of you. Pause
” I thought only "fools fall in love." "I love you so", whether we have "fame and fortune" or live, "in the ghetto". Pause
"You are my good luck charm." I give you this ring as a symbol of my “steadfast loyal and true” love for you.

Ande Ragsdale, repeat after me:

"It only took one night" to get "stuck on you", you big "hunka hunka burnin' love!" pause
"You're always on my mind." I thought you were "nothin' but a hound dog, cryin' all the time", but now I know "you're my teddy bear.” pause
Just remember to “love me tender" "for I can't help falling in love with you". This ring as a symbol of my “steadfast, loyal, and true” love for you.

On behalf of all who are gathered here, we hope the "thrill of your love" brings you a "pocketfull of rainbows". By the powers vested in me I now pronounce you Husband and Wife, but remember, there is no "return to sender."

Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in welcoming Brandon and Ande Parlow.

Thank you, thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment