Friday, May 7, 2010

Goings on in Amarillo

So sometimes my real life tends to interfere with my blogging capabilities. Even though these shows are down, I want to write about them. So I am going to make a few posts. Forgive me art world for not doing this in a more timely manner. Surely these artists will be around again and I want to give them credit at least.

There are a couple of things I have actually gotten out to see this week and want to share with you.

Charlie Vaughan is showing over at Hastings Corner ARtspace. I knwo Charlie pretty well and have seen her work in the past few months. The pieces she has up at HAstings are very nice! Charlie works BIG and I love that-so even though she is only showing three pieces-they are fabulous. Her use of color and her perspective is definitely unique and commands attention. I will be writing a review of her work in teh next week here so check back in a couple of days for that.

Not to toot my own horn, but I am showing at OHMS. I'm not going to say alot about my own work here-this is for everyone else. I am proud of the show and hope that some of you could get by there and check it out if you have the time.

On thursday night, the 806 opened a show with a few artists being spotlgihted- I failed to get the information in time to change my column in style (hence the ??? marks), that was actually a typo and I promise never to do it again-remember I'm new at this and I do apologize to my readers! Ashley Grossman is showing there in this group and I really like her photography pieces. She had an outstanding piece in the AC/WT show at AMoA last month. She is most definitely worth the time to go and check out.

I will make sure you hear more from me in the next week. I am going to try and get out this weekend and write up some individual blogs about these artists!

I met with Brian Bussey yesterday. He is who I am writing about in the June column. It's so refreshing to go out and talk with artists who think much the same way as I do.

AMARILLO wake up and embrace your artists! We love you, we stay here, we live here, we contribute to your community thorugh our day jobs and our after hours passions! Please, it is my wish for you, go out this weekend and see some art!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment